Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More thoughts...

After being an avid reader of the New Paper since the world cup days, it is rare that i share the same sentiments as the articles of New Paper, as well as the feelings of the authors penning them... But for once, i finally read 2 articles which i feel have really captured my feelings of the world cup... Not totally, but good enuff... Andrew Warshaw n Ernest Lui, i thank you for ur insightful comments...

Now, the saga gets even more interesting as we go into speculating what Materazzi said to Zidane to make him lose his cool... However, though we'd all like to know the actual words, I would prefer not to believe anything that is being speculated or predicted either by lip reading or any other means... Though an Italian fan, i'd still condemn this sort of intentional provocation which has marred the world cup finals... I hope FIFA can indeed look into the matter and mete out any deserving punishments...

I had always been clear as to what area of ECE i wanted to concentrate in, until my recent attachment, where i learnt that there is a difference between what I want to do in my next 2 yrs, and what i will prob be doing after those 2 years... As such, i have been seriously re-considering my concentration area for the past few weeks, but still unable to reach a decision... Not surprisingly at all, given my indecisive nature...

But today, i met a colleague who told me something very true... "U live ur life but once" the same applies to ur university... U dun want to regret not learning something u want until the later stages of ur life, where u will then be bounded by other constraints... So y not, just do what u want now... I was really convinced by his argument, and so much wanted to for once, do what i want regardless of future consequences...

But i cant... I have always considered this, considered that, n for those who know me, i take some time to make my decisions... I do not want to look back in regret of what i had done or could have done... True, i seldom regret my decisions, though still regret a few, but i do not want to really do something i like, n then let my interest n knowledge fade into oblivion by spending so many years re-learning new stuff n using it at work... Is there a point to having a taste of something u like, just to have u rue at not being able to finish it up... Or would a taste of it always beating having not even a sniff of it... Dun ask me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 15 Years Old
Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe. 13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world. 20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences. 30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more! 40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.
What Age Do You Act?