Thursday, December 27, 2007

The will of heaven, or the will of the man...

Played lotsaf poker these days... Last week n this week... Won big last week, lost big this week... Ppl seem to be able to tell wad i have from the way i play, am i really so easily read? But yet, despite knowing, they continued betting against me... N i followed... The only difference is, last week they had weaker hands, this week, they had unbelievable hands...

I've always been a stubborn person towards my beliefs, n the same goes for poker... I based my play upon statistics, as a true statistician would... (Too bad im a stat major... ) But somehow, the odds dun seem to favour me.... I all ined when i had huge odds, A-Q suited against 10-2 unsuited, A-9 suited against 6-9 unsuited, n 2 pairs at flop vs someone waiting for flush draw... Each hand i was statistically superior, at least on a 2:1 ratio if not higher... But i lost every hand...

Which got me thinking... Sometimes, its all about the flow of luck... When u are on a winning streak, u'll win no matter wad... When u're on a losing streak, no amts of probability would help... Its all heaven's will.. There is only so much one can do... I can keep trying, n keep losing n feeling sian... Or i can simply fold n wait... Wait until i get back my luck... But as i've said... I'm stubborn... I know the wall is there, but i'll continue to bang it... Until i feel too sian... Lets c how much more feelings of sianness i can absorb...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They called you with 10-2 unsuited, 6-9 unsuited and a flush draw??????

gg.

but...dun forget du2 chang3 shi1 yi4.....qing2 chang3...

just a matter of time....

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 15 Years Old
Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe. 13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world. 20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences. 30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more! 40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.
What Age Do You Act?