Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Machu Pichu... Wad an experience...

Chelsea still got thru in the end… Haiz… tot Barca won 3-1 but it was only 2-1 last time… Sad sad… Not tt I dun like Chelsea, but I dun like those teams made wif money to be so strong… Shows tt money can make e world go round, which I personally dun believe to be so… Anyway, went to sleep after some reading, at ard 2 even though I know I have to wake up at 5 30… Yeah u guessed it… The night din go exactly well fer me, again… Gd sleep, no sickness, only not enuff sleep as I had to wake up and I went to bed at 2+… Sherlock holmes is simply too intruiging… Concussed totally on the 3hr train ride to Machupicchu, started e tour at only 10+… The place is really very beautiful, as u can really see signs of it being an actual place where ppl stayed… Its really amazing how ppl can move those huge rocks n build such nice n sturdy structures in the past, I really admire them for their resourcefulness… sadly though, it was raining n the ground was wet n with fog keep blocking our view… the tour guide was darn good though, explaining every single characteristic of the city to us, the astrological aspects, religious aspects, residential aspects, etc… but yet, sadly, the city has not been properly protected by the government, resulting in erosion and blatant violations of rules which have caused much damage to the place… During the tour, I dun really find the place that amazing, but it’s the story that was told to me that amazes me… I dun understand it too… When everyone seems to be so enchanted by the city? Then I realize the one thing missing… There are not proper artifacts or items of the Incas at all, but rather, just simply architectural wonders… It was only then I realized that the scientific discoverer of MachuPichu, Professor Bingham had obtained permission from Peru’s government to bring the artifacts back to Yale… Wth!!! How can he simply take all these n nv return them? I am really appalled by this… He shd at least return them after taking, but they’re all now fer exhibition in US… It seems to me as though he’s stealing these national treasures of Peru for intentions I do not want to speak of.. N all those corrupt officials!!! How can they ever betray their own country, their own culture? I absolutely despise them…

Spent another 4.5 hrs on e train ride back to the city… Just find it so inefficient, spending a total of 8 hrs going to the city, n spending only about barely 3 hours looking and exploring the city… w/out even c-ing any of the artifacts left behind… But at least, I really enjoyed the tour guide explaining the whole story behind Machu Pichu, which is so simply wondrous… Felt really homesick on the way back… Kept thinking of my family back in sg, wishing to talk to them on the phone immediately… Remembered all the great times we had together, how much sacrifices and hardship they went through for me n my sis to have a comfortable life… How absolutely selfless my parents are… Mebbe its nature, but I really felt so bad now… The number of times I’ve been so willful n stubborn… Haiz… Too much thoughts inundating my mind… I was reminded of my grandma too… Nv felt so strong a desire to fly back before… Not for the sake of having fun, but just simply to meet up with my family …

Went to do some last min shopping b4 leaving this beautiful place of Cusco… Wad an enchanting lil village… I’ll definitely miss it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are 15 Years Old
Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe. 13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world. 20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences. 30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more! 40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.
What Age Do You Act?